New York City’s 67 degree weather today is making me feel as though it’s time to say so long sweet summer…
…now that it’s August and I no longer live in a constant warm climate I have to enjoy the last bits of summer. This includes laying under the sun with a good book . And yes, SPF slathered on. Does worrying about SPF mean I’m getting older?
I love snacking on Annie’s Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies . My friend Amy had them at her apartment the other week and I think she started my addiction. The best part is that they’re made from real ingredients unlike that…other snack…you know the one that smiles back (uhem, goldfish). My grocery store only had the portioned individual sized bags which was probably a blessing in disguise for me. They’re salty, cheesy, crunchy and 130 calories & 3g protein per serving.
This week has been all about meal prepping and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my eating habits. By setting aside some time to make 3-4 meals at once I’m not only portion controlling but I’m ensuring my success in eating well-rounded meals. On Tuesday, I seasoned and baked 1 pound of chicken breast with salt, pepper and red hot chili pepper flakes. The results were 3 individual ready-to-go meals that included a source of lean protein. Today’s lunch included a delicious salad with: the chicken I prepped, baby organic arugula, grape tomatoes, carrots, 1/2 haas avocado and some balsamic glaze for the dressing. I enjoyed every bite along with a cold and sweet pink lady apple.
I’m so excited for my meal prepped dinner tonight. My version of a tofu rice bowl which you can always find some sort of variation at many Chinese restaurants. But those are soaking in grease, we should all know better .
Here’s what I did:
1. Steamed 3/4 C uncooked brown rice with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
2. Sautéed Tofu with fish sauce,soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Roasted fresh Brussels sprouts with salt and pepper at 375 degrees. Approx 35 minutes.
4. Assembled ingredients and divided into three meals.
1. The yummiest foods are in season this month – 31 Amazing Things To Cook In August (via BuzzFeed)
2. The spreads…they are a changin’ – Margarine: Unilever Can’t Believe It’s Not Selling (via BloombergBusinessweek)
3. The first step in succeeding is to envision it – 3 Easy Visualization Techniques (via Real Simple)
**GYM PLAYLISTS PAGE WAS UPDATED TODAY**